I can’t believe we are already on day 11 of the October Clutter Detox! Today’s task is pretty simple. Today you’ll conquer the bathroom clutter that lurks beneath the surface. Prospective buyers will open the cabinets and drawers in your bathroom. Just like when they looked in your pantry and in the linen closet, they’re hoping to see that there is so much available storage. They can’t do that if a drugstore full of toiletries and cosmetics are spilling out!
So, grab a big ole’ trash bag and throw everything on this list away today;
- expired medications and vitamins
- unfinished prescriptions
- old cosmetics; if you haven’t used it since last Halloween, toss it.
- new cosmetics you thought you would use and didn’t; blue glitter eyeshadow
- hair appliances you have duplicates of or no longer use; will you ever use that mini curling iron or crimper again?
- electric razors not longer used
- products that you bought and then didn’t like how they worked
- broken or mismatched hair accessories
- expired sunscreen
- free mini bottles of shampoo and lotion from hotels you’ve visited
- empty bottles and jars of anything
- frayed towels
- gift with purchase makeup bags
- nail polish you can’t open
- old toothbrushes
- old contact lens cases
- anything without a label that you can’t name
- dirty hair brushes and combs
- medical equipment you no longer need; anything the hospital sent home with you
- dirty toilet brush
Repeat this process in every bathroom, even the powder room.
Talk to you soon!