We eat local. We shop local. Now let’s give local.
Before you write a check, consider an Edmond charitable organization for your end of year giving.
Here are five Edmond Charities I believe are worthy of your investment of time and or money. They serve the children, animals, elderly, disabled and disadvantaged right here in Edmond. Each is an organization I have had the opportunity to either visit or volunteer for.
- UR Special: They distribute new seasonal clothing to qualifying Edmond children three times a year. Children receive a complete outfit including socks, underwear and shoes. Following in the tradition of the founding idea, each girl receives a one of a kind dress that has been made by a volunteer seamstress. New clothing is donated by local retailers or purchased with donated funds. DONATE / BE A SEAMSTRESS
- Free to Live: The largest no kill animal sanctuary for abandoned, stray, or mistreated dogs and cats in Oklahoma. They are open for adoptions everyday except Wednesday. Dogs and cats that are not adopted live out their lives on site as permanent residents receiving food, shelter, and medical care. DONATE / VOLUNTEER (must be 18 or older)
- The Meadows Center for Opportunity: An Oklahoma Sheltered Workshop, they provide controlled employment and training to folks with developmental disabilities and permanent brain damage from an injury. They are tasked with data destruction and paper shredding for area businesses and the public. DONATE
- Edmond Mobile Meals: Provides almost 200 hot nourishing meals to elderly and disabled homebound Edmond residents Monday through Friday. For many, the meal delivery is the only visit they receive. DELIVER MEALS / DONATE
- The HOPE Center: Provides social services and basic needs for Edmond residents in personal crisis or an emergency situation. In times of need they provide food, clothing and assistance with utility bills. The onsite clinic provides prenatal care and pediatrics for women and children who would otherwise not have healthcare. Food, baby essentials, and clothing are always in need. DONATE / VOLUNTEER (all ages)