A typical linen closet isn’t very big but we sure can stuff it full with sheets, pillows, and towels that we rarely use. Today’s task is to purge that closet.
- Remove everything.
- Eliminate anything that is leftover from the last time you redecorated. You won’t use it again.
- Put non-linen items stored in the closet where they belong.
- Sort and fold sheets by size/color then return to closet. Keep in mind that you only need two sets of sheets per bed in your house including the sheets on the bed. Donate the surplus.
- Sort and fold towels by color or bathroom used then return to closet. Donate any that are stained or frayed to a local animal shelter. They are always in need of extra towels.
- Fold bulky quilts, blankets and comforters and stack with extra pillows on the top shelves.
Here’s a bonus staging tip; crisp white sheets and towels will give your house a clean neutral look which will appeal to more prospective buyer.
Your DONATE box must be getting full. Load it in the car and work a stop at a donation center into your route the next time you run errands. Tomorrow we tackle the books!
Talk to you soon!