Last week I got a call from a former client, Jenny, she bought her first home right before Christmas. Now that the weather had changed, she noticed that all of her neighbors seemed to be working around their houses on spring tasks every weekend. She told me that she had a feeling she should be doing something too, but she had no clue what that was. I gave Jenny my list of ten spring home tasks every homeowner should do to prepare for the warmer months ahead.
Whether you are a new homeowner like Jenny or a seasoned homeowner, I thought you might find the list useful too.
Ten Spring Home Tasks Every Homeowner Should Do Annually
- Schedule AC service
- Reverse ceiling fan direction, it should be running counterclockwise
- Change batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Clean dryer vent How to
- Wash windows
- Clean gutters then flush with water, check that all downspouts are moving water away from home and not leaking
- Inspect caulk and grout, replace or reseal if needed How to
- aerate and fertilize the lawn
- Seal fence and deck
- Add annuals and mulch to flower beds
While many spring tasks listed can be completed DIY on a weekend, a few may need the help of a contractor. Click here to grab my vendor directory for the Oklahoma City metro.