Yesterday we took a road trip to Stillwater. Today we’ll head south to Norman. Norman is about a 45 minute drive from Edmond and it has much more to offer than just football.
Here’s a list of fun family activities in Norman, Oklahoma;
- Visit the Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History
- Visit the National Weather Center you need to make a reservation in advance otherwise your tour will be limited to the first floor.
- Tour the Fred Jones Jr Museum of Art at the University of Oklahoma
- Walk the Legacy Trail from Duffy to Robinson and back again. Along the way enjoy the public art, bronze statues, and a replica of Norman in the 1940’s.
- Head 13 miles east of town and visit Thunderbird State Park. They say you need to swim wearing a white shirt for a first hand experience of Oklahoma red dirt!
- Shop Campus Corner. Don’t miss The Apothem and Shoetopia.
- Eat on the patio at The Mont, 1300 Classen Blvd
- Eat at O’Connell’s Irish Pub, 769 Asp Avenue. Be sure to order the fried pickles!
Talk to you soon!