There’s no better way to force a little family fun than a road trip. Even better if that road trip requires as little time in the car as possible. After all, how many sing alongs can a mom take? A great road trip destination is Stillwater. It’s about an hour away from Oklahoma City and there’s so much more there than the university.
Here’s a list of fun family activities in Stillwater, Oklahoma;
- Tour the National Wrestling Hall of Fame
- Visit Boomer Lake Park and walk, run or bike the three mile trail around the lake
- Visit the Oklahoma WONDERtorium, an interactive children’s museum
- Travel six miles east of town and visit the Washington Irving Trail Museum
- Walk downtown Stillwater and visit the boutiques and shops. Be sure to stop by local favorites the Wooden Nickel and Chris’ University Spirit.
- See where Garth Brooks lived while a student at OSU, 227 S. Duck
- Eat at Oklahoma’s oldest pizzeria, the original Hideaway at 230 S. Knoblock. Try the Big Country pizza!
- Indulge on cheese fries and a Fowl Thing at Eskimo Joe’s, 501 W. Elm