The sweet little cherubs will soon be released from school for their annual winter break and they’re going to expect to be entertained. You haven’t started shopping, wrapping or meal planning yet and now you have to keep the minions happy too. Not to worry. I’ve got you covered with a guide of daily winter break activities that will get you through all 16 days. Tip, plan ahead, some winter break activities listed will require that you register in advance
- December 19: Spend the day with Santa! Start with breakfast at the Skirvin at 9:30 (for a reservation call 405-702-8444) then head to the Devon Building for their Saturdays with Santa at Devon until 4. This week’s theme is Winter Wonderland. There will even be live reindeer. While there be sure to help assemble teddy bears that will be donated to local charities after the event. Prepare the little nuggets, you can’t buy or keep any bears made.
- December 20: Shop local at the Winter Shoppes at Myriad Gardens (be sure to ride the carousel while you’re there) and Midtown Pop Up Shops (warm up with a fancy hot chocolate from KatieBugs)
- December 21: Outdoor Ice Skating at either the Devon Rink downtown or at Mitch Park in Edmond.
- December 22: Paint a picture of Santa in the Chimney at the Edmond MAC’s Family Painting class. Call 405-359-4630 to sign up.
- December 23: See a Christmas Carol at the Lyric Theatre in the Plaza District. While you’re there, treat yourself to dessert at Pie Junkie before the show. Curtain is at 7:30.
- December 24: Go on a Christmas Light Scavenger Hunt using a printable from Macaroni Kid.
|From Macaroni Kid|
- December 25: Merry Christmas!!
- December 26: See Disney’s Beauty and the Beast at the Civic Center tickets
- December 27: Go snow tubing at the Chickasaw Ballpark. Be sure to buy tickets in advance through Ticketmaster.
- December 28: Winter Wonders Winter Break Camp at Science Museum Oklahoma 9am-4pm preregistration is required.
- December 29: Go to the zoo, it’s two for one Tuesday.
- December 30: It’s a movie day! Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip are playing. See one, or maybe both!
- December 31: Opening Night Downtown OKC
- January 1: The Skirvin will be serving New Year’s Brunch from 11-2 for $30 per person. Reservations are recommended.
- January 2: Spend the day at Main Event
- January 3: Family PJ Day! It’s back to school and work tomorrow!